Reggie Wegner is also a Certified Public Accountant and his practice includes tax planning, tax compliance, tax controversies, real estate law, corporate law, estate planning, family business planning, trust administration and probate. Mr. Wegner’s recent experience includes:
- Regularly drafting business agreements, including shareholder agreements, operating agreements, employment agreements, and tenancy-in-common agreements.
- Representing clients in the sale and acquisition of business interests.
- Representing clients audited by the IRS and Wisconsin Department of Revenue.
- Counseling a third party administrator client on all legal aspects of cafeteria plan administration.
- Representing individuals and limited liability companies in connection with like-kind exchanges of real estate.
- Winning a United States Tax Court decision that confirmed that a farmer’s payments for medical benefits provided to his employee-wife, including a joint health insurance policy, were fully deductible from his farming business income and nontaxable to his employee-wife. Frahm v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo 2007-351.
Marquette University (J.D., 2005)
Marquette University (B.S., 2001)
United States Tax Court, 2005
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2007
U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit, 2010
U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 2015
Member, Marquette Law Review
Certified Public Accountant
Professional Associations and Memberships
Milwaukee Bar Association
State Bar of Wisconsin